Featured Post

Tharp case still makes me cry

I initially blogged about this case as it unfolded, then re-titled the blog and condensed my comments. As far as I know, nothing has ever ...

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

LOUSY service via Craig Friedrich and Ski Country Sports in Asheville, North Carolina

Update 10/9/2018 - the merchandise I received was problematic from a safety standpoint, and on 10/8/2018, my credit card company credited my account for the entire charge.

I just love it when people act dumb. People who act that way are without exception dumb enough as it is without acting the part. I encountered just that sort of performance when I recently ordered some bicycling accessories from Craig Friedrich at Ski Country Sports, masquerading on Twitter as @AshevilleBike

If you want ridiculous delays, vague responses, misquotes on shipping charges, and eventual delivery of items that aren't quite what you had in mind but the difference isn't worth correcting, try ordering online from the jerks at Ski Country Sports. Don't waste time, money, and effort trying to purchase anything from these jerks, in-store or online.

It was kinda fun playing along with Craig's foolishness on a pocket-change order, just to see what he would come up with next. Wouldn't wanna try that with a big ticket item.

I'm not surprised. Asheville is where Earth Fare - one of the sleaziest food operations imaginable - started their business and now has their headquarters.

Maybe I've been blacklisted,

Update 6/13/2018 - For a minute there, I thought I'd gotten the wrong part, and complained to my credit card company. In the process, I temporarily removed this post while I reviewed the entire matter. Fortunately, the part I received was correct, apparently just a different color from the color it used to be. I extended apologies to all concerned. Overall, my experience with Ski Country Sports has been a nightmare.